Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Scarecrow: Work in Progress (26-08-2018)



I am currently working on my new platform game: Scarecrow. This game is based on my previous Python project called "Platformer Game". I improved the graphics including GUI and all other game images in Inkscape as well. Intro begins with a sunset logo. The sun is going down and then suddenly evil force appears. The GUI menu has sound effects (when user interacts with the buttons by mouse or keyboard, sound is being played). Maps are created in Notepad - they are pretty much the same thing as in my mentioned project. Decision is not yet made about gameplay but I got some good ideas. The game is planed to be released only on PC Windows platforms. Maybe, if there is a great success, it could be released to another platforms such as Android. There is still a lot of work left to be done. Currently, this game project contains 31 Python files. Here is the list of the files (in alphabetical order):
1. BackgroundObject.py
2. Button.py
3. Collision.py
4. ControlScreen.py
5. Counter.py
6. CreditsScreen.py
7. Fonts.py
8. Game.py
9. GameCompletedScreen.py
10. GameObject.py
11. GameOverScreen.py
12. HUD.py
13. Images.py
14. InfoScreen.py
15. IntroScreen.py
16. LevelCompletedScreen.py
17. MainMenuScreen.py
18. MapLoader.py
19. Menu.py
20. Particle.py
21. ParticleSystem.py
22. Pickup.py
23. Player.py
24. ProgressBar.py
25. QuitScreen.py
26. Scene.py
27. Screens.py
28. Sounds.py
29. TitleScreen.py
30. TrapObject.py
31. Values.py

The game is exported to executable file using PyInstaller tool. No, it is not yet available for download. I am just doing some tests. I hope you like my new short game demo.

No comments:

Post a Comment